Skip to main content

Best Time Of The Year

There is only 4 more weeks in the semester starting next week! This is insane as the semester has flown by like always. Esports has consumed a lot of time. I practice everyday and have competitions usually once or twice a week. Club frisbee we played at two tournament this fall and now that we have entered November, we will have 3 practices a week for frisbee inside at Kinghorn. Club hockey has been going on every week on Sunday nights for about a month and a half now. With the semester coming closer to its end, every class is heating up with final projects and assignments. Even thought it is super busy right now it is the best time of the year as well.

They are some big holidays coming up like Thanksgiving and Christmas. A bunch of time to relax and spend quality time with the family. This year is special since covid has been happening my family has not been able to come together and just catch up and talk. Usually, every Thanksgiving my cousins and I we have a basketball competition and we split up into 2 teams and play a best of 3 series. Because of covid we have not done it in 2 years. Usually for Christmas everyone comes to my immediate family’s house and everyone stays the whole day which usually never happens at my families’ gatherings. People get up and leave around like four to six for most holiday get togethers. But when Christmas is at my parents’ house everyone stays until late into the night.

This is something I have missed and I am so excited for this year’s holidays since my family will be getting together again finally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 SMSC

As week 4 rolls around and is ending there has been something on my mind recently that happened by in May after school ended. When finals were done and I went home and was excited for summer. I needed time away from the classroom and this would be my final summer where I was able to spend most of it with the family. About 3 days after I had been home my granny came to visit my sister who was in town and me at our house. My grandma never liked being called grandma so we called her granny. We ate lunch together and talk for a long time since it had been a while since I had seen her in person with covid and everything. She mentioned how lonely she had become because of it and she had no one to talk to a lot of the time. I told her that I would spend the summer at her house cleaning it out like I did last summer. Eventually she ended up leaving and going home since there was a storm coming, she did not want to be caught in it. 2 days later it is mother’s day. In my family on mother’s d

USA vs. Mexico

There was a huge soccer match this past Friday night. USA played Mexico in Cincinnati for their seventh world cup qualifying match. This means they are halfway through world cup qualifying for the 2022 world cup in Qatar. The match is extremely important since Mexico was top of the group before the match was played and if USA won the match, we would move into first place above Mexico. The match was crazy! Pulisic is USA’s best player but he has recently just come back from injury so he did not start. Usually, USA starts off their matches slowly and does not play to well in the first half. Mexico dominated the first half but thankfully did not get a goal. Then the second half started and this is where the action truly began. The game became more chippy and emotions started to rise up. USA started to look better but Mexico was still getting the better chances. That was until Pulisic was subbed into the game with 25 minutes to go. As soon as he came into the game the mentally of the who

Week 3 Social Media for Strategic Communication Chapters 4-6

This week we read Chapters 4-6 in Social Media for Strategic Communication. Chapter 6 specifically stood out to me. In anything we do we should have a plan of what we want to accomplish. Chapter 6 talks about strategic planning for social media. I found this intriguing because most people who use social media do this to some extent. When someone is making a social media post, they subconsciously think about pre-existing information on whatever they are going to post. While individuals may not explicitly think about what they want from their social media post. People post to get a reaction, or they have an end goal to what they posted. They may not necessarily follow every step laid out in chapter 6, but the mindset is similar. This chapter opened my mind to what companies think about potentially when posting on their social media’s. The end goal of a company is to make money. So, when they are doing social media posts whether it is promoting or just creating conversation online com